Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend went bad...mostly

OK, fine, you caught me. The walk with the dog never happened...can't do that with wet hair. And there might have been a breakfast sandwich with that Starbucks latte on the drive up island. And yes, there was a second helping of Chinese food that night.....it was the best Chinese we've had in ages. But at least there was no secret Halloween candy binging while at Mom's house. See, something good!!

Today there was a banana for breakfast.... leftover Chinese for lunch (but only a small portion!)... and although I did manage to pass on any fast food stops on the way home, I did end up with another latte and a cookie from Starbucks. Note to self: don't go into Starbucks hungry!! I did stick to my plan for a point-friendly Mexican dinner though. So good!

I made a taco salad - shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced avacado, scallions & finely shredded light cheddar. I topped this with salsa and served it with warm, seasoned refried beans and light sour cream. For some crunch I used a few baked Scoops as dippers. So yum!!!

And now I'm keeping myself busy so I'll stay away from that evil Halloween candy! I carved my jack-o-lantern and it's awesome. I might even do another one. See my "Devil Kitty" here. Pin It

1 comment:

Julie said...

Your pumpkin rocks!! I think it's the coolest one I have ever seen done by freehand! Great job.