Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Roasted Veggie Soup

Last night I decided to throw together a half batch of WW Roasted Vegetable Soup since I had such a haul of Autumn veggies kicking around. Fairly simple to make and pretty tasty. (Would have been even better if my blender didn't fall apart while I was blending!)

I added a few flavour touches of my own, but mainly stuck to the recipe.

(This recipe is for a full batch. 8 servings at approx 3 points per serving)

1 large onion, chopped into chunks
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
6 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
4 cups winter squash, cubed
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
ground cinnamon
ground nutmeg
salt & pepper
3 cups fat-free chicken broth
1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk (I used regular skim milk and it worked just fine)

Combine all of the veggies in a roasting pan. Top with olive oil & sugar. Sprinkle with cinnamon, salt & pepper. Mix to coat all veggies. Roast for 15-20 minutes at 400 until softened.

Place cooked veggies in a large pot, add broth and milk. Simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to blender (in two batches), or use immersion blender, and blend until smooth. Add back to soup pot, season with pinch of nutmeg, reheat and serve.

Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving. Pin It

No comments: