Friday, August 14, 2009

Feels Like Summer

Ha!  Not only do I actually have time for a mid-day post, but I actually remembered! 

It’s been a productive morning.  And it’s soooooooooooo nice outside and supposed to stay this way all weekend.  A perfect blue sky!  The sun is shining!  And even the moon is visible…crazy.

060  062 061

I of course had to start my morning out on the front porch.  Coffee, oatmeal raisin bar, and finally the opportunity finish book four of Sookie.

040 041 043

Then work.  Booooo.  hehe, but got lots done so it’s all good.

Breakfast consisted of a second oatmeal raisin bar (they’ll be lucky to last the weekend around me, and FH doesn’t eat raisins…uh-oh) and a bowl of fruit and yogurt (surprise surprise).

More strawberry Liberte Svelt with sliced half a banana and fresh blueberries.  Nice and cool for a hot morning.

064

Then it was time to put the potato salad together.  I cooked up about a dozen local white potatoes and boiled some eggs last night and left them to chill in the fridge. 

047

Boil the spuds with the skins on, then just peel away once chilled.  Easy peasy.

050

For dressing I used light mayo, light sour cream, dry mustard, and dill.  A trick learned from a good friend is to just mix the dressing in the bottom of the mixing bowl…it saves a dish and makes much easy distribution when stirring.

048

Rough chopped potatoes and 4 boiled eggs, also rough chopped…

053

Add 3 chopped green onions and salt & pepper…

055

Stir (I might have added a little extra mayo after taste-testing)…

056

Transfer to nice bowl or dish and top with sliced egg and sprinkles of paprika

057 058

Nothing tastes like Summer like homemade potato salad!!

Pin It

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be right over... ;)

K-Pow said...

I'm totally making potato salad this weekend!

misssarahlou said...

Looks delicious, its very different to english potato salad, nothing like what I was expecting when I read last night that you were making it but delicious all the same, I may have to try some Jaime style potato salad soon. :o)

Unknown said...

Yum. Looks great.

Angela Power said...

Oh potato salad sounds perfect today, any leftovers?? ;-)