Friday, July 10, 2009

Guest Post: Blueberry Chia Muffins

Hi there!  I'm Nicole from Another One Bites The Crust.  On my blog, I post a lot of delicious vegan treats!  I thought the readers of Embracing Balance might be interested in a recipe I use for Blueberry Chia Muffins

Chia seeds are high in protein and fibre, and totally delicious.  They are a very nice addition to the already tasty blueberry muffins.  Please enjoy!  Let me know how you like the recipe if you give it a try :)

chia_muffins_nicole_01

Blueberry Chia Muffins
Makes about 12 muffins

1  1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup non-dairy milk
1 cup blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Combine chia seeds in water until it forms a gel-like substance.

Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. 

In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients. 

Add the wet ingredients to the dry.  Fold in blueberries. 

Bake in lined muffin tins for about 15 minutes. 

Enjoy your delicious muffins!

chia_muffins_nicole_02

Pin It

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Awesome work out! Tricep push ups ALWAYS kill me!!!

The muffins look amazing... I haven't been brave enough to try chia seeds yet. I think I need to get on the bandwagon and go for it! Awesome guest post!