Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tuna No-Go Casserole

I’m off my game as far as meal planning goes this week.  Usually I at least have ideas in mind but since FH came home I haven’t done a proper grocery shop or put any advanced thought into dinners.  When I realized this afternoon that we had no meat ready to eat I pulled some lean ground beef out to thaw, but come dinner time it was still frozen solid.  I decided this would be the perfect time for a Tuna Noodle Casserole (a la Mrs Furious) but when I announced it to FH he said “I’ll pass”.  *gasp*  What?

He doesn’t eat fish, but he loves tuna sammiches.  Turns out that is the only way he likes tuna.  Who knew?!  Three years and I just learned this!

It all worked out because he took me out for a casual supper instead!  I guess he saw the shocked look on my face when he announced his dislike of my idea…so offered to head out to eat.  :)

We chose Boston Pizza because it’s quick and close to home.

Started with the ridiculously unhealthy three cheese garlic toast.  This should also be referred to as “crack toast”. 

IMG_0719

I spent quite a while trying to decide on something for my meal because it’s really not a very inspiring menu.  I usually get the spinach salad, but it is kind of boring.  Instead I opted for the chicken ciabatta sammich with a side Caesar salad.

IMG_0721

This ended up being a good idea because I was able to bring half of it home for tomorrow.  It filled me up for the entire evening of movie watching and I didn’t feel any need for a snack

We just watched the movie Taken…it was really good!

Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...is that the movie Pasta Queen blogged about just before she went to Europe? The one where the girls get kidnapped and sold into an Albanian prostitution ring? I want to see that!

Angela Power said...

Hubby is the same way with the tuna! He "doesn't like" fish but likes tuna sammies, but won't try it any other way! Damn them and their fussiness!

I tend to get the spinach salad or that sammie you got there too. Or one of their healthy menu selections which isn't too bad really. Leftovers are awesome! I just have to get better at leaving some to BE leftovers! lol

Angela Power said...

P.S. I forgot my yoga gear at home today :-(!!!

Jen said...

BPs is our closest restaurant...the only problem is I ALWAYS want pizza when I go there (I am a pizza FIEND!!!)...I find there aren't a whole lot of "healthy" options...but I LOVE the buffalo chicken sandwich...which is NOT healthy...blah (oh and I ALWAYS get spinach salad on the side! YUM!!)...geez Jen, ramble much???

I have to "acquire" that movie...I have heard FANTASTIC things about it! and I love me some Liam Neeson!