Thursday, May 07, 2009

After all that!

Yes, after all the hubbub getting my new camera...I'm returning it. There's something weird about the picture quality that I just don't like. It's kind of grainy...apparently that's common for a Nikon...must be the lens. Everything is crystal clear, but the "dusty" look of the finished product does nothing for me. So back it's going before I head home on my trip to see my Mom. I'm going to pick up the same camera Amy got...the Canon Elph SD1100. It's cheaper and it has a way better flash so hopefully I'll be happy with it! If not I can always return it when I get back. haha.

Thank God for good return policies.

The final straw was this morning when I was prepping breakfast and the battery just up and died. It doesn't give much of a warning (it has the little battery indicator but it's not very obvious and goes from dying to dead in like one shot). So no pics of my completed breakfast for you all today.

I have a lot of perishables to use up in the next two days, so breakfast was another parfait-in-a-bowl. Banana, strawberry, Liberte Svelt vanilla yogurt...this time mixed with some oats, flax meal, flax seeds, and chopped almonds. Raw breakfast!

At lunch time I dug all of the veggies out of the fridge to see what I had to contend with.



I decided to make a HUGE bowl of salad with the romaine, cuke, red onion, carrot, broccoli, tomato, and mushrooms. I froze the cauliflower. Then I put together another bowl with more red onion, regular onion, carrot, mushrooms, and broccoli which I'm going to roast in the oven tonight. The leftover carrots and cukes will make a good travelling snack. The only thing I couldn't deal with were two more tomatoes and the green onions. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

For lunch I had a big serving of the salad with Renee's Spring Herb dressing. Served with a warmed pita and a big glop of hummus. Deeeeelish and fiberific!
Pin It

3 comments:

Jen said...

UNFORTUNATELY that is common with Nikon's...good choice with the Canon!

You are so awesome using up your veggies!!! I would probably have let them go to waste!!! You are super inspiring!!!

Cat said...

Your body must just be LOVING you for all the healthy stuff you put into it!

My camera is a Canon Powershot something or other, and I loved it at first and now it's a piece of junk. It's old now though....I'll be relying on all of you to take photos in TO for me!!

Mon said...

Just a thought if you don't end up liking the Canon.

FH bought me an Olympus for Christmas this year and its fabulous! Takes great pictures and its also "Mon proof" as FH says. Which means shock proof, cold proof and waterproof.

Just a thought :)