Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Homemade Snack Mix

While looking at the different snack mixes and trail mixes at Bulk Barn, I couldn't find anything that truly struck my fancy. They all either had something I didn't want in them, or were too heavy on nuts or dried fruit. I soon realized that I could just design my own. :) When picking things out I was actually planning for additions to an oat bar recipe so that's where this particular inspiration came from.

I mixed:

2 tbsp roasted unsalted pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
2 tbsp walnut pieces
2 tbsp sultana raisins
1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp flax seeds
1 tsp hemp seeds
2 tbsp mini peanut butter chips

Extras I have on hand to add as wanted:

dried cherries
crystalized ginger
whole almonds
Pin It

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

That basically sounds fantastic. Crystallized gingere is a great idea!

Vanessa said...

Gingere = ginger. :P