Sunday, July 05, 2009

Do it Yourself Vacation Booty Camp

I had planned an afternoon run yesterday when we returned from our day's adventures, but FH's brother and family showed up for an impromptu visit so I had to change my plans. We had nowhere to be this morning, so after a nice sleep in and a couple of cups of coffee I decided it was now or never.

I set out to do what we figured was about a 3km jog, but passed a school on my way so decided to throw in a mini set of our Booty Camp exercises.

(Sorry no photos folks...hard to run with a camera...plus due to the lack of wireless I'm using the house computer and it's a pain to upload photos.)

This was my first official outdoor run and I must say I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I warmed up with a few stretches and a 2 minute walk down the block...then I set off and decided to use landmarks as my markers instead of trying to time myself. I ended up sort of doing both. Ran to the next big lighted intersection...took 5 minutes. Walked 1 minute, then ran again. So on and so on. Total running time was about 20 minutes...about 4 minutes of it was walking.

When I got back around the block I headed for the school field. Another quick jog and then I started with the DIY Booty Camp.
  • squats (2 varieties)
  • 1 legged deadlift bends
  • lunges (regular & reverse)
  • burpies
  • plank (1 minute!)
  • pushups (regular and downward dog)
  • crunches (regular & reverse)
  • bridges (1 legged & 2 legged)
Finished up with a final jog around the rest of the field and back down the block. Cooled off with a short walk and some stretching.

WooooT. Now I don't feel so bad about the Chinese Food feast we partook in last night. :)

(So sorry about the guest posts. Amy says she's having trouble too and she thinks it's Blogger. Booo Blogger.)

Pin It

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah for your first official outdoor run!!! Are you hooked yet or what?!!

Unknown said...

Great Job Jaime!! That's awesome that you're getting out and exercising even though you're on 'vacation'

Hope you're having a great time!

Cat

Angela Power said...

Yayyy you!!!! That's awesome, you lost your outdoor running virginity in the Peg! :-D

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Hehe, outdoor running virginity. :P

Amy said...

Woo hoo for outdoor runs. This made me excited in my pants!

Fatinah said...

look at you go!

Dennis & Jodi said...

WOOOOT!!! So cool that you exercise not on ly on vacay but also in public! I am not so smart OR brave! lol I am in WPG on wed for an appt if you have time for a quick coffee it would be awesome to meet you!(maybe we could find Vanessa!lol)

Sue said...

Great job getting outside. I love my outside runs. If you want to see how far you went, check out mapmyrun.com. You can map how far you went on a google map. I love it for checking out my run after or before you go to plan a route.

Enjoy the summer!

Stephanie said...

Yay!! You go girl! That must have felt awesome afterwards. I love the feeling after an amazing workout.

eurydice said...

i'm so happy you went outside!

i think it's blogger too because my scheduled posts don't seem to be working lately!

Lisa said...

Nice work Jaime! I love that you actually did lunges and squats on your own - what a trooper!