Thursday, May 07, 2009

Well, since Ashton was wrong...

...maybe Avril will be right!! (Honestly, I'm not choosing these things due to celebrity endorsements! It just keeps working out that way.)

So I took back that lame-o Nikon (toooo bad because it was super cute!!) and am now the proud owner of a Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS Digital Elph. Holy, that's a mouthful! I was going for the 1100, but they had this 1200 on for the same price as the Nikon I was returning so I went for it. I knew I liked it better the minute I took it out of the box. I don't know why...I could just tell. First...the battery charger is way cool! It's just a box that plugs into the wall...no stupid cord or anything. Second, the camera just feels sturdier (and therefore better??). And third, the manual is about 1/3 the size of the Nikon one...hello, user friendly! Once I got it powered up I could take a decent picture right away...no fiddling with stupid settings.

The proof will come over the next couple of days, but I'm pretty sure this was the right choice.

If not, I have another 14 days to return it. haha.

I will say that I am somewhat unimpressed with their wasteful packaging though. It came in this huge 12x12 cube box...but inside it was just this little tiny box holding the camera and then a ton of wasted space. Not cool, Canon. Not cool.
Oh, and I got the pretty blue one because the pink just screamed "tween" and it was bad enough that I was buying a camera with Avril Lavigne on the box. :-)
Pin It

5 comments:

Julie said...

I love it!!
I bought the 1100, and love it.
I think you are going to love your new hot blue cam!!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Oh, so glad to know this! I am in the market for a new camera since the husband accidentally dropped mine. I've been using my daughter's every since and she is less than thrilled ;)

Jen said...

*laughs* I love your Avril Lavigne comment!!!

The blue is SUPER cute!!!

Angela Power said...

lol so true!

I love my Canon. It's a different one, but it's a great camera :-)

JavaChick said...

I have an older model of the same camera (bought in 2006) and I love it. It takes good pictures with very little effort or know-how on my part and I like that it's so small - great for traveling. :)