Saturday, March 22, 2008

Recipe Review - Chippity Do-Da!

The recipe in this Tuesday's Hungry Girl Newsletter was for a "guilt-free chocolate chip cookie". The ingredients weren't too far out there (sometimes she uses a lot of alternatives I don't have on hand), so I picked up the one thing I didn't have and decided to give them a try.

First, let me say, THESE ARE NOT COOKIES. They are tasty and I might possibly make them again sometime, but essentially they are a muffin top. They are shaped somewhat like a cookie, but are soft and doughy and much more muffin-like or cake-like than a cookie. Unfortunately they just made me wish I had a real cookie...it was a big tease!

Having said that, they are tasty enough for a one-point snack and I liked that it made a small batch of only 8. Most of my muffin or cupcake recipes make at least a dozen, if not more, and they either get eaten too many at a time, wind up covered in frostbite from forgetting them in the freezer, or thrown out. That won't happen with these.


(haha, ignore the half eaten one!)

Pin It

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm happy you made these and gave your review. I read that HG email thinking I really want to make those.
Now I just have to go get some can pumkin!
Thanks again!!

healthy ashley said...

Note to self: Next time, don't begin with most recent post! Thanks for your review on the cookies/muffins :)