Monday, February 04, 2008

Snack Attack

I make a pretty killer guacamole if I do say so myself.... so I thought I'd share!

2 ripe avacados (not too firm, but not squishy either)
juice from 1/2 a lime
1 ripe tomato, diced
1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh jalapeno pepper, finely diced (seeds removed)
handful fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp cumin
salt to taste

Dice up both avacados. Leave one as is, mash the other. Mix together with the lime juice. Stir in the tomato, onion, jalapeno, cumin, and cilantro. Taste, then add salt as required and stir again. I like a lot of lime, so after tasting it I might add more lime, cilantro or cumin. Try not to overmix it, so the avacado and tomatoes stay chunky.

You can serve it with Baked Tostitos, but if you really want to do it justice, serve it with regular salted white tortilla chips.

Enjoy! Pin It

1 comment:

ElleBee said...

ohh, sounds good. I'm going to try this one!